Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AustHerps

Reaction score
Sssssnakeman and his partner were kind enough to let Misky and I join them to release a copperhead they'd been called to relocate in the South-East suburbs of Melbourne. It took a while to find the right spot for him, nice and away from people/buildings/roads/etc, but he soon shot off to enjoy living in peace ;)

Here are a couple of shots:

copperhead23sept2006.jpg

copperhead123sept2006.jpg

Thanks again guys for letting us join you :) It's always a blast seeing wild herps.

Cheers,
Austy.

Is this a Copperhead?

Just got back from a trip to the Grampians and drove back via Great Ocean Road and Then up past Beachport. Stopped at a conservation park called Lake Frome near Beachport, and saw 10 snakes. Some were Tigers, as you could see the stripes, but what is this? Is it a Copperhead or another Tiger??

Attachments

• DSCF7315.jpg
    DSCF7315.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 153
Tigers

The one on the road was a Tiger for sure, how about the one on the riverbank?

Attachments

• DSCF7363.JPG
    DSCF7363.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCF7204.jpg
    DSCF7204.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 140
Copper Head

Hi,
I'm new to this site, I had the unnerving pleasure of having one of these snakes join us in our living room earlier this year. Not being experienced in having handled snakes like this before posed a real problem. Yep being the only man around if was left to me!

Do you guys know of anyone in melbourne who can catch these guys. We have a rather large brown hanging around and also a red bellied blake snake out the back door. The misses isn't to keen for another meetining.

Jason:lol:

Beautiful creatures aren't they :shock: . I just love elapids...... actually I'll simplify it ........ snakes.:lol:

Hi,
I'm new to this site, I had the unnerving pleasure of having one of these snakes join us in our living room earlier this year. Not being experienced in having handled snakes like this before posed a real problem. Yep being the only man around if was left to me!

Do you guys know of anyone in melbourne who can catch these guys. We have a rather large brown hanging around and also a red bellied blake snake out the back door. The misses isn't to keen for another meetining.

Jason:lol:

What side of Melbourne are you on?

We had a small copper head here about 2 years ago we caught ( my partner ) and watched for awhile and then let it go. I found it hard to identify as they're quite like a tiger but seeing your pics of copper head it definately was one. My sister found another on the road that had just been run over by a car and I thought it also was a copper head and after seeing pics it was

Where in Gembrook we have had a few run ins with snakes Tigers, Redbellys and a big brown that whent almost between my legs when I was fixing the fence on the chook shed. It didn't even batter a eye just cruzed on through. When I jumped back a bit it sort of flattened out it neck a bit, but slowly just cruzed away. I guess it's the king of it's eliment. Really buzz though.

Where in Gembrook we have had a few run ins with snakes Tigers, Redbellys and a big brown that whent almost between my legs when I was fixing the fence on the chook shed.

It's always fun looking down at your feet and finding a venomous snake cruising by lol

Yeah, what got me though was it's confidence just kinda looked up to say "don't eventhink about it mate it'll be all tears". lol

i was also there with my son at the release of the copperhead, was amazing and scary sort of

Copperhead - scary, that's two words that don't belong in the same sentence :D

Coppers are sweethearts. They thrash around a bit when you pick them up, but it's near impossible to get them to bite (famous last words) :)

Is the one in the pic Austrelaps Superbus (lowland) or Austrelaps Ramsayi (Highland)?

It's an absolute beauty! There's loads of highland copperheads on my fathers property, he's seen plenty. Everytime i go and visit him i search long and hard through the tussocks to find one but am yet to have any luck :(

Do you guys know of anyone in melbourne who can catch these guys.
if you ring your local council office they will give a list of numbers of your local wildlife controllers
Coppers are sweethearts. They thrash around a bit when you pick them up, but it's near impossible to get them to bite (famous last words) :)
famous last words is right,lol;)
Is the one in the pic Austrelaps Superbus (lowland) or Austrelaps Ramsayi (Highland)?
we mostly get the lowland Superbus in our area, with quite a lot of colour variations.
baz

Copper head

Copperhead - scary, that's two words that don't belong in the same sentence :D

The one in my living room was striking at me!! (several times too) I assume I will see a lot more snake about with the drier weather etc. The copper head was out when it was fairly cool though mid to late afternoon. There was a fair bit of noise around with the kids os I thought it was strange for it to come inside. Glad it wasn't the big brown!

if you ring your local council office they will give a list of numbers of your local wildlife controllers

famous last words is right,lol;)

we mostly get the lowland Superbus in our area, with quite a lot of colour variations.
baz

Yeah I thought it must be, the lowland tends to have far better colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back