Couple of questions about spotted hactchlings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunMurphy

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have two spotted pythons that came from the same clutch of eggs both hatched 25/11/11.

I originally only purchased one, names Slipper Sam the 1st but after having it home for 3 weeks, it managed to escape through the whole for my thermometer probe and vanished for the last 8 weeks. The last time it fed was the 15/12/11 which was it's 3rd or 4th feed on pinky's (this was just before I got it) and it had shed twice as well. Sunday morning I opened the sliding door to go outside and found him laying in the tracks of the door, so I got him back into his click clack and onto the heat. After spending all day Sunday down the warm end, he is now moving around regulating his temps. I tried offering a pinky, but he wasn't interested. I will leave it until later this week and try again. How many more times should I try offering pinkys before I should find a vet and see if I can get assistance to get him feeding. He is tiny compared to his hatch mate (about half the length and half the thickness) and looks too small to even be able to get the smallest pinky down, but I know he has done it a while ago now.

4 weeks ago I purchased the other spotted from the clutch named Slippery Sam the 2nd and got it into a new click clack, and it has been feeding each week really well. They day I got him home from the shop, he was just about to shed, but never actually did it. I have the click clack temps at 27 cool, 32 warm with about 60% humidity. Has had 4 pinkys in the time I have had him. should I be concerned about how long it has been since the shed? He is going up to larger pinkys this week that are 2-3 times the size of the day olds he has been eating, as the smallest fuzzies I have found are way too big. Would the smaller food items allow longer between sheds without any problems? Should I look at bathing him in warm water to ensure that he isn't having any problems with getting ready for a shed?

I have read through my two books on Pythons, as well as had a bit of a search, but I don't know if it is the words I am searching, but I am getting limited hits on finding information to answer my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back