Creating new enclosure lighting question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadleystar

Reaction score
Hey all I need some advice on lighting. I am creating a new display tank for some Nephrurus Levis Pilbarensis and some Nephrurus asper The tank will be 6 foot long with 2 black divders so making three 2 foot sections.

My question is I want to have a night light for each section and seeing they are nocturnal of course I wanted to know what type of light fitting and blub to be using. It will only be a veiwing light and not used for heat (as I have a heating system designed for under the tanks so it only heats certain area's and runs off a pulse thermostat).

I do understand that no matter what blub I use it will give off some heat but they will not be on all the time only when we want to sit and watch during feeding or so we can see them with out disturbing them with a normal white light.

So what I need to know is what fitting will I need to use and what bulb to use and what wattage would you suggest.

Cheers

just go to your local pet store or bunnings to by your ceramic fitting then go to pet store and buy the small wattage blue bulb (think its a 50watt). easy as :)

Thanks I think I have figured it out. I just wanted to hear some advice because their is so many bulbs out there from 100w to 12w with UVB with out , moon light ones, Red ones, Normal looking bulbs, Helogen bulbs, fluro bulbs I even found a blue LED lighting tube. So I just wanted to make sure I was foing to use the right bulb for the right job is all.

yeah they look good but seein as your usin it on geckos you also could go get a fish tank fluro light fitting then go buy a moonlight tube by reptile one: these tubes only send out small amount of uvb which isnt really need by gecos, plus then you only need 1 fitting instead of three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back