Crikey! Steve Irwin's legacy in the red as Australia Zoo crippled by debt

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Management at the once-booming Sunshine Coast tourism and conservation icon has confirmed at least 22 staff have been recently let go due to a downturn in tourism

but i thought all those thousands of dollars spent on Oprah and the rest of those free loaders were going to bring millions into the Tourism Industry?

I keep forgetting to go visit the Zoo and see whats there , shame on me!

Well, it comes as no suprise, you just have to look who's running the show. It was bound to happen.

i really hope that this is not true as its great for tourism and reptile awareness. However i think that they will be ok they have made heaps of money and lots of properties.

yeah i knew once steve past that **** would go down hill.i remember i applied for a job there and i never got it i was so pissed off aha.could it be cause of the floods and everything yous rekon?wouldnt take long for them to run themselves in debt with all the staff/food and all other costs

hopefully its not true, a lot of people knocked steve , but he is a legend hes done more than anyone to promote reptiles and get the message across that snakes are not killing machines and need to be protected

I don't think it is the end yet, but with the floods, cyclones and especially the US dollar making the holiday not so cheap, it will pick up....eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back