Day/night Temperature Setting For Ecotech Advanced Thermostat L

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beckysdragons

Reaction score
242bsdk.jpg
I've had this ecotech advanced reptile thermostat for a while, but I've never really needed the heat at night because the temperature where I live hasn't really been cool enough to drop below 18°C for my bearded dragons at night. I have the temperature set to 38°C in the day time, and at night I just unplug the heat from the thermostat and allow it to cool down at night. Coming into the cooler season, I will need a little more heat for them at night. I could just set the temp to 20°C or similar at night, but it is really time consuming to do every morning and night on two thermostats. The timer part of the thermostat I think is only used for the UV bulb and cannot pair with the heat source. I have looked through all of the instructions, and I've looked everywhere online to see if I can set a different temp at night and day but I can't find anything. The screen on the thermostat has something saying 'DAY NIGHT TEMP' and 'NIGHT FROM' but no matter what I do I can't select these settings (pictures attached).
29dhe08.jpg
Can anyone help me or suggest any alternative options for heating at night? Thanks

Cheapest option is a heat cord or CHE connected to a timer to come on during the night....

I don't know enough about Thermostats to offer advice on settings as I just use timers for everything, but there's gotta be a way if it's on the display!

Unless you live in southern Australia (even then maybe only Victoria), you don't need night time heat for beardies. We have only ever provided night time heat in the first year, when we were living in Adelaide. When they go down for brumation, then no heat is provided at all over the winter months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back