Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive put in for it :D it also says that you can have someone else pick ur animals up(with written permission)

Maybe I should have put in for everything and got one of my parents to pick them up then :D

A mate and I got a jungle each, I got the short straw and a 4 hour drive each way.

I wonder how hard it would be to get someone in N.S.W to enter the ballot next time for me and win me a reptile for a fee...

I wonder how hard it would be to get someone in N.S.W to enter the ballot next time for me and win me a reptile for a fee...

I was thinking that too... Although chances are if they did win it they would want full price for the animal as anyone else would be willing to pay, unless they were a friend of yours. I wish they had something like this in Qld!

If they won a reptile for you, they would have to keep it at least 6 months before it could be transferred, than they would have to go for the export permit and you'd have to get an import permit, etc. Just save up and buy yourself the snake you want - much easier!

I got a centralian, richard got a black head and barry got a jungle so very pleased dont care about the long drive.

Isnt there a rule or something that a new reptile has to be on your books for a minimum period of time before you can pass it on.
And are the rules for pythons obtained by these ballots any different?
But yeah it would have to be a good mate to enter for you and not want the snake if you won.

At the risk of me missing out on a snake... here is the hurstville ballot!
Save me a snake!!!!!

Yvonne

Posted by Wildlife Licensing (Hurstville) on 4-Mar-10 11:40 AM AEST
To reply to this advertisement email [email protected]

The Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water (DECCW) is offering a number of reptiles for disposal through a ballot. The following species have been identified for the Department and are advertised as:

2 Eastern Small-blotched Python (Antaresia maculosa) (juvenile)
1 Jacky Dragon (Amphibolurus muricatus)
1 Carpet Python (Morelia spilota)
1 Eastern Snake-Necked Turtle (Chelodina longicollis)
1 Saw-shelled turtle (Elseya sp.)
1 Eastern Water Dragon (Physignathus lesueurii) (juvenile)

Every effort has been made to correctly identify these animals. The Department cannot guarantee the identification of an animal offered though the ballot system.

These animals have been seized during recent law enforcement investigations. Some of these animals may have been caught in the wild and their original capture locations are unknown. The return of these animals to the wild is not a responsible conservation option.

The Department recommends that a veterinarian checks all animals received through the ballot system and a reptile hygiene protocol be followed.

If you wish to be included in the ballot you must register your interest by 11.00 AM Monday 8th March 2010. Registrations received after this time will not be accepted. You can register your interest by either a faxed message to 02 9585 6401 or an emailed message to [email protected]

Phone inquiries will not be accepted.

Your registration must include the following:

1. the words DECCW BALLOT in the title of your fax or email
2. your full name
3. your address
4. a prioritised list of the animals you would like to register for
5. your current NSW Animal Keepers’ Licence number authorising the possession of the animals you have registered for
6. your contact number between 12.45PM and 1:15PM on Monday 8th March 2010
7. NOTE: only one individual animal per licensee can be provided

Any registrations that do not include all of the above will be excluded from the ballot. Licences will be checked before the ballot. Expired licences or licensees whose fauna record books we have not received for 2009 will also be excluded from the ballot.

NB: If you are successful in the ballot you must be available to collect the animal from the Department’s Hurstville office between 2.30PM and 3.30PM on Tuesday 9th March 2010. If you intend to have someone collect the animals from our office on your behalf they must have permission from you IN WRITING. Verbal permission will not be accepted.

If you are successful:

1. you will be notified by phone between 12.45PM and 1.15PM on Monday 8th March 2010;
2. you must collect the animal from the Department’s Hurstville office between 2.30PM and 3.30PM on Tuesday 9th March 2010. If you are unable to collect your animal during this time it will be forfeited to the next available person; and
3. you must bring a hard-shelled lockable container to transport your animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back