Diamond python Scale rot?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel648392

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I thought this was scale rot but am second guessing myself. Any thoughts? The previous owner had him in a tiny enclosure with a single light heat source that he was unable to shelter from to regulate his temp. I've had him for a couple of months, moved him into a bigger space on newspaper and removed all sharp edges within the enclosure. I gave him a betadine bath a month ago thinking it was scale rot and waited for a shed. He shed a week ago and it's still present. Hot spots around 30 deg and cold spot on under 25 deg, not sure of humidity. ive added pics on this google doc as the files are too big for here, hopefully the link works (just copy and past it)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13nt6vlBearyj7hOzLbPAwBPpP7-3uQy9UsdPwuDbicA/edit?usp=sharing

Any help appreciated, cheers

those are his scales? unless the brown parts themselves are scabby

It doesn't really look like his scales, kinda looks like dirt or something in there. I could be wrong his my first snake and I've just compared with Google search results.

My diamond python has the same markings as yours does....And he seems healthy and not showing any signs of stress.

Attachments

• IMG_20201201_131116.jpg
    IMG_20201201_131116.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20201201_131031.jpg
    IMG_20201201_131031.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back