Diamond Python won't eat next size of rat.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sloany

Reaction score
Hi guys,
This is my first post here, I've owned my first diamond python from March this year. She is approximately 2 years old and appears quite healthy.

However we've been having issues with trying to get her onto larger food. She was on adult mice when we got her and the transition to the velvet rats from minibeasts went smooth. After some time we started feeding her fuzzy rats, she's had 2 so far but she's put off by them now.

She'll happily take a velvet rat, but won't attempt the fuzzy, even though she shows interest. I even removed the fur from the last fuzzy to imitate the velvet more. Has been 3 weeks since last feed.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated thanks.

Hi Sloany
At 2 years she should be eating bigger prey than fuzzies. I have 2 coastal x diamonds and a small bredli , at 2 years old , the crosses were taking medium rabbits, large rats and large quail. My bredli is small for his age but takes large rats no problem. I have heard some can be fussy eaters, and 3 weeks is nothing to a python. My 2 crosses have only just started to show interest in food now its starting get warmer. I stopped feeding them in late june. Just be patient. Good luck.

She finally ate a fuzzy tonight, just ended up being a bit aggressive with wiggling it around than I normaly would. :D

Latest posts

Back