Diamond Pythons Attack Each Other - Need Advice Please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timmy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My diamond python just bit the other one over the front half of its head and it took some intervention to get them apart.
The one who was bitten now looks like it's jaw is out of place it is open wide on one side and not the other it is also missing some skin.
Just looking for some advice on what I should or can do?

Cheers, Tony

If you think ur snake isn't ok, then u should call a vet,...

And arrange for another enclosure ASAP, snakes shouldn't be housed together!

- - - Updated - - -

Are they both males?

Yep, like [MENTION=1514]Chris1[/MENTION] said, vets ASAP, sounds like they both may need treatment and I'd be keeping them apart for good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although it's never a good idea, for a few reasons, to keep pythons together in smallish enclosures, Diamonds aren't known for combat generally. Had you just fed one or both, or were you offering food? These things often happen when the animals are cued to feed and strike at any movement.

You can often get them apart by dabbing vinegar or metho onto the gums of the biter - it's much less damaging if the biter lets go without any physical force being applied, which may cause the biter's teeth to do more damage.

Jamie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back