Diamond Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zack13

Reaction score
Hi all I was just wondering if you can still find diamond pythons at this time of the year. My friend is down from cairns and they are his favourite snake and would love to see one.
So any advice on seeing one would be very helpfull.

Thanks

On a warm, sunny afternoon they bask near their over winter sites (rock crevice, house roof, etc) but don't venture too far from them. Males are most often seen in spring on the move seeking females, other than that coming across them is a chance event.

Ok thanks for that. What would you consider a warm sunny afternoon though?

In Sydney this time of year it would be a day with a maximum higher than usual for winter (lets say 22 deg C) and the sun is out all day. Go for a walk through Ku-ring-gai Chase (near you) and see if you come across one if the weather is nice, if not your friend got to see their habitat and enjoy a bushwalk anyway.

You'd need to be extremely lucky to come across one by chance, unless you are in the know. North facing rock escarpments, as long as the sun is shining on them for a while, a Diamond can raise its body temp to a comfortable level. Mine will bask in the sun, no matter the temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back