Difference between my bearded dragons.

Help Support AUSSIE PYTHONS:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stompa

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi there, i bought these two bearded dragons sold to me as (Eastern), but the female seems to look a lot different than the male, she has a longer snout, longer toes and longer legs, is it just because she is a female, or is she a different type of bearded dragon?

1553227_540214656091485_6477482221846655088_o.jpg

Wread

Reaction score
Hi there stompa, going from the photos your male is a Central Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps) judging by the very triangular head shape and bright colouration while your female is an Eastern Bearded Dragon (Pogona barbata) because of the much more elongated head shape and greyer coloration, if they are the same age she should be bigger to as Eastern's generally grow to a larger size then centrals.

PeppersGirl

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but the female looks like the eastern... whereas the male is a central?

Stompa

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, they have always been together says the previous owner and he sold them as a breeding pair, will they mate and is it okay that they are different?

ReptileWatch

Not so new Member
Reaction score
From the pics i would say The male is a central for sure and the female looks like an eastern but can't tell for sure from the picture provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stompa

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Yep all of you are correct, looked at some images on google and they look exactly the same as what you guys have told me, thank you all. :)

Bushman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, they have always been together says the previous owner and he sold them as a breeding pair, will they mate and is it okay that they are different?
If they're two different species, as seems to be the case, then they shouldn't be paired or allowed to produce offspring.

Stompa

Not so new Member
Reaction score
If they're two different species, as seems to be the case, then they shouldn't be paired or allowed to produce offspring.

No worries, will be separating them now, it is a shame that he said they were paired and ready to breed. :(

dragonlover1

AussiePythons Supporter
AussiePythons Supporter
Trusted Seller
Reaction score
No worries, will be separating them now, it is a shame that he said they were paired and ready to breed. :(

some people will say anything to make a buck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts