Difference between my bearded dragons.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stompa

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi there, i bought these two bearded dragons sold to me as (Eastern), but the female seems to look a lot different than the male, she has a longer snout, longer toes and longer legs, is it just because she is a female, or is she a different type of bearded dragon?

1553227_540214656091485_6477482221846655088_o.jpg

Hi there stompa, going from the photos your male is a Central Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps) judging by the very triangular head shape and bright colouration while your female is an Eastern Bearded Dragon (Pogona barbata) because of the much more elongated head shape and greyer coloration, if they are the same age she should be bigger to as Eastern's generally grow to a larger size then centrals.

I'm no expert, but the female looks like the eastern... whereas the male is a central?

Thanks guys, they have always been together says the previous owner and he sold them as a breeding pair, will they mate and is it okay that they are different?

From the pics i would say The male is a central for sure and the female looks like an eastern but can't tell for sure from the picture provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep all of you are correct, looked at some images on google and they look exactly the same as what you guys have told me, thank you all. :)

Thanks guys, they have always been together says the previous owner and he sold them as a breeding pair, will they mate and is it okay that they are different?
If they're two different species, as seems to be the case, then they shouldn't be paired or allowed to produce offspring.

If they're two different species, as seems to be the case, then they shouldn't be paired or allowed to produce offspring.

No worries, will be separating them now, it is a shame that he said they were paired and ready to breed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back