Dinsinfecting methods

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CjLeveille

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Im new to owning a Darwin carpet and just seeking advice on best ways to routinely disinfect enclosure.

Most use f10 veterinary disinfectant. I bought a bottle of the concentrate a mix my own up. It has worked out pretty cheap, 2 years on and I’ve still got half the bottle left and use it to clean 10 enclosures/tubs weekly or fortnightly if I don’t have time.

Hi all
Im new to owning a Darwin carpet and just seeking advice on best ways to routinely disinfect enclosure.

Hi CJ,

There's no need to disinfect enclosures routinely at all, especially if you only have one snake. As long as you remove any fecal matter and change the substrate regularly all you need to do is to wash any fecal and/or uric acid stains off cage furnishings with warm soapy water and do the same with the enclosure overall every month or even two.

Gheers,

George.

Hi CJ,

There's no need to disinfect enclosures routinely at all, especially if you only have one snake. As long as you remove any fecal matter and change the substrate regularly all you need to do is to wash any fecal and/or uric acid stains off cage furnishings with warm soapy water and do the same with the enclosure overall every month or even two.

Gheers,

George.
Thanks m8

I use F10 diluted in water and put in a spray bottle, you can buy online it's a veterinary disinfectant and Sanatizer, I use it once everything once a month, I never have smelly enclosure, and spot clean any poo and urine in between 😁

I use F10 diluted in water and put in a spray bottle, you can buy online it's a veterinary disinfectant and Sanatizer, I use it once everything once a month, I never have smelly enclosure, and spot clean any poo and urine in between 😁
As George said there is no need to sanitize every month, The common method is scoop up the poop as soon as you see it and change the substrate on a regular basis , clean the enclosure and you should be fine

As George said there is no need to sanitize every month, The common method is scoop up the poop as soon as you see it and change the substrate on a regular basis , clean the enclosure and you should be fine

But there is a need to check the dates of threads you're responding to in order to avoid reanimating zombies :)

Latest posts

Back