Do snakes like Corn chips!?!?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmah

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok so I got home tonight, and decided to get Smaug out for some handling. He was being a bit more 'sniffy' than usual around my hand, and opened his mouth like he was yawning a couple of times, then eventually latched on to my thumb as I was putting him back in his enclosure. He shed on Tuesday, and feed day isn't till Sunday. The only noticeable difference from any other time I've handled him was that I'd eaten CCs on the way home, and wondered if that smell seemed like food to him?

Currently feeding him a pinky rat a week, is it possible he's very hungry and I should feed him more regularly? Or just a weird quirk that he thought I was food?

pinky rats are useless, just are pinky mice

judging by ur post in the ants thread and that he was weighed accurately..., he would easily take hopper mice once a week or weaner mice once a fortnight

Thanks @Herpetology! I got some hoppers last night, hopefully they fill him up a bit more than the pinkies did. I’m not sure how quickly snakes grow but he’s noticeably bigger than when I first got him :)

Latest posts

Back