Does anyone else fear the Kookaburra's call?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaitlinK

* ~ rainbow serpents & dreamtime py's ~ *
Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
Just a curiousity - I dreadfully fear that hearty laugh of the Kookaburra. I still adore them of course, but on the side of my pythons, in my lush, green, natural local environment I hear these birds at day break, without fail and cringe. None of my pythons are kept outdoors, but this particular breed of bird is an awesome hunter and I wondered how you protect your reptile-pets when taking them out for a stretch and to explore the wilderness outdoors.
Does anyone use those mesh enclosures for their outside sunning escapades? (like the stick insect cages)
Or I have recently found a 3m long tent-like garden bed structure (c/o Bunnings Warehouse) that would be ok for adult pythons (like I have)?
I tend to keep my pythons on hand in the sunshine and unfortunately due to doubt and speculation, I really only let them investigate, stretch & play in hand and indoors, they are carpet pythons after all!? (Seriously though, I believe it's better safe than sorry).

Know what u mean, I often take my diamond outside for uv's and the currawongs sit on wires or in nearby tree and I stay close to him and don't take my eyes of him cause if I do they'll swoop and they go for the eyes, leaving in the sun in mesh sounds ok but make sure there's shade as snakes can get very hot very quickly and overheat, especially if dark in colour

Know what u mean, I often take my diamond outside for uv's and the currawongs sit on wires or in nearby tree and I stay close to him and don't take my eyes of him cause if I do they'll swoop and they go for the eyes, leaving in the sun in mesh sounds ok but make sure there's shade as snakes can get very hot very quickly and overheat, especially if dark in colour
Thanks for replying to my nattering/s LOL Steve B Morelia pythons are awesome!

Latest posts

Back