Does my set up sound correct?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGBxx

Reaction score
Hello

My Albino Darwin Carpet recenetly turned one year old a little while ago and out grew his click clack container, so we have moved him inot his large forever enclosure.
Its a massive thing, it is 6ftx3ftx2ft, he has had no issues goign from such a small space to a largeew one, infact he has loved it, exploring and finding new places to rest.
He has taken a meal in the enclosure fine aswell.

I just wanted advice and to check if I have everything running satisfactorily, the enclosure has 3 ceramic heat emitters hooked up to a on/off thermostat (looking to change this to a dimming one soon) for the day temp i have it set at 31.7c, for the night temp I have it set at 26c, I will likely stop the night heating soon I just didnt want to shock him after he had been on 24/7 heat in the click clack.
Day temp lasts from 8am to 8pm.
The enclosure also has a UVB tube, I know this isnt neccesarry but the enclosure doesnt get alot of natural sunlight and I like the look of the enclosure when the light is on, this runs from 9am to 7pm.

I just wanted to make sure the above set up sounds okay and any advice on anything people may change about it to help out my little dude.
Thank you!

Back