Does size really matter?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lysseee

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So i have a beautiful little pygmy python by the name of Nala and she is 11mnths at about 40cm. I have her in a terrarium 70cm wide, 50cm high and 40cm deep.

I have been told that this is too big for her and will stress her out, make her feel nervous etc. She has appropriate hides, substrate, hot and cool end and climbing branches. Her first few months were in a click clack and then i left it in the terrarium with the lid open and eventually she explored her larger cage as she was ready.

So ignoring the temps and everything (just believe me that they are fine) does it REALLY matter if she has more room than she needs? I just like to spoil her ;)

It does matter for majority of hatchlings, upto about 10 months. Around 10 months, I like to introduce them to larger cages. If their feeding well, I keep them in there. Is she feeding well? Weekly, with no issues?

If so, that's the best indication to say she is just fine in her new enclosure :)

i had my little jungle girl about 40 cm in a enclosure like you described and she loved it from the minute i put her in it on her first day i got her home. should be good for her.

yes she is feeding very well and is the most beautiful little snake, very friendly and curious. as soon as i reach in her tank she is on my arm and into my hair, so cute!

That sized enclosure will be fine, as long as you have plenty of small and snug fitting hides so that she will feel secure.
If she is feeding well, then that is a very good indication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back