Dorrigo Rainforest Centre

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglemad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
It was raining on our holiday up the north coast so when it finally cleared we went for a bushwalk at Dorrigo. Plenty of leeches so the pace was hot. Here are a couple of pics I took.

Thanks Yommy. My camera isn't too good so those shots are taken from a few inches, except the lacey..he had plenty of attitude

That coastal looks to have a bit of intergrade through the mid body section.
Love how it's solid brown from th head and neck but have the slight yellow an fine rosettes forming and a mid body line to boot.
Interesting speciems there junglemad.

Nice work mate! Those Angle headeds are awesome!

Yeah Pugs, this volunteer ranger tree hugger guy pointed the vertical one out to me. The 5 of us had just done 6 kms of leeches and were spotting herps all the way. I told him what I'd already seen, mainly 100's of that first skink, water dragon, coastal, goanna and 40 or so different birds. He asked if i had seen the forest dragons and then showed me one 3 metres from where we were standing. I had my herp eyes on i thought but i had missed the dragons. My wife quickly spotted the horizontal dragon in the third pic and showed the ranger who was going to 'discover' both dragons on the walk he was about to guide.

It was lucky to see them as they spend most of their time in the canopy of the forest and only come down to the ground in jan. and early feb. the bloke said

thanks chick. yes yommy the carpets from dthat area look more orange than they do on the pic but that one seemd pretty pure. I think the rosettes are choulders of the prey stretching the shin so far

WOW! - All that in 6ks Love the Angle Heads and that costal has some nice colour on it. Thanks for sharing.

Nice photos JM. Is that the rainforest walk where the Skywalk thing is?

There are some really unusual carpets around bellingen/dorrigo. I have a friend that lives in Bellingen that had a photo of a really amazing looking integrade. It was a regular photo (not digital) otherwise I would post it. That coastal looks almost a bit like a scrubby in some parts.

mmmmm I need a bigger screen

Great pics, thanks for posting!!

Yes Linus. If you take the ramp next to the Skywalk you start on a walk that takes you down the moutainside through the Rainforest and then around past two nice waterfalls and loops back.

it is a really nice bushwalk. i often head up that way to go shooting and the dorrigo clay target club is just up the road from the rainforest centre. last time i went up there they had had some BIG storms through and alot of teh tracks were closed. I will try and dig out some photos of the water falls etc i have taken. i have never seen heaps of herps there but i am only just starting to get into reptiles so i guess next time i will be on teh look out.

top photos
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back