Draw frame incubator?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeprincess

Reaction score
I have a old set of cheat of draws that I was going to throw out as the draws are broken. Once I removed all the draws I wondered to myself if I could use the frame/cupboard as a incubator if I line it with foam ect?
Also do I need to put a fan in a incubator?

It is not essential to install a fan into an incubator but it is a nice to have for improved/even heat distribution.
Will probably depend more upon the type of heating you use. If you use light bulbs you may find one area of the incubator will run at a higher temp so a fan may benefit in this case.

So long as cable is located so it distributes heat evenly a fan would not be necessary IMO

For the size incubator your suggesting I'd get a desk top fan ( small like you have in an office) at least it will move the air around so no stale spots

Best not to use a fan at all, even small DC fans add heat.They can cause unstable temps and spikes as they usually run independent of thermostats.

Ok great I didn't want to stuff around with a fan if I didn't have to lol :) where does everyone get probe thermometers from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back