Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobEvans

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a well-worn question but does anybody know whether this snake is an Eastern Brown or Coastal Taipan? Spotted today at the top of Mount Beerburrum in the Glasshouse Mountains on the Sunshine Coast. Not great photos but we weren't about to get any closer (spotted in the grass from the safety of the fire watch platform).

After living in Australia for three and a half years, we finally get to see a snake and it turns out to be either the 2nd or 3rd most venomous in the world!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• 08-05-11 046.jpg
    08-05-11 046.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 852
  • 08-05-11 055.jpg
    08-05-11 055.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 713
yeah eastern brown i'd reckon.....taipan is much lighter in colour, has a skinnier neck and a coffin shaped head:)

Haha....I was actually on here searching for a name my bearded dragon thread.

Thanks guys - much appreciated. He was five to six feet long and minding his own business. Great to finally see one in the wild.

, we finally get to see a snake and it turns out to be either the 2nd or 3rd most venomous in the world!

Or the 38th for all we know........I would say "we finally get to see a snake and it turns out to be the 1st-50th most venomous snake in the world!"

Last edited:
we finally get to see a snake and it turns out to be either the 2nd or 3rd most venomous in the world!

Evidence points to all 3 Taipan species being more deadly than any other tested snake. However one of those has not had testing done on mice.
Besides heaps of people put Red Belly Blacks on the top 10 list so obviously the list is a load of crap....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back