Eastern Water Skink... I think.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruni

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to confirm an ID please. I did a bit of herping while at Giraween NP in the SE Qld Granite Belt over the last couple of days. I didn't get to see a lot of herps but did see quite a few skinks and got pics of these three lovelys. As far as I can tell they appear to be Eastern Water Skinks (Eulamprus quoyii) they were found on 'The Junction' walk along Bald Rock Creek.

P3010035_zps182bb4da.jpg

P3010036_zps37f1e644.jpg

P3010037_zps0ba6b344.jpg

P3010038_zps9d2aa9f0.jpg

P3010039_zps76b8a3d3.jpg

P3010040_zps2d7eeaf4.jpg

The two larger ones don't appear to have the stripe down their backs that the smaller thrid one has.

we have heaps of them around our place....lovely little lizards. Im pretty sure they r eastern water skinks :)

The bottom pics are a Ctenotus, possibly robustus. Someone else who's familiar with the area can confirm.

The bottom pics are a Ctenotus, possibly robustus. Someone else who's familiar with the area can confirm.

Thanks for that. It wasn't till I posted the pics that I noticed the difference in pattern on its back and figured it might be a different variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back