ebay bidding?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy_88

Reaction score
I tried putting a bid on an item on ebay today and as soon as I clicked confirm bid, the next page was telling me I have been outbid? Ive done it twice now and its done the same thing. Never had this happen before so I am a bit confused.

Any ideas on whats going on and what do I do if i want to win this auction! :p

Thanks, Jeremy

Because when you make a bid you are entering the highest amount you are willing to go to.
EG: Say an item starts at $1 and bidder 1 bids $2.50 the current bid will be $1 to bidder 1 but $2.50 is his highest so anyone else will have to bid higher than his maximum in order to get it.
Now bidder 2 comes along and bids $1.50, the current bid jumps to $1.75 as bidder 2 is automatically outbid by bidder 1's maximum (like you had been). So in order to win it you will need to keep bidding lol.

Make sense?

Last edited:
lol use auction sniper, someone on here out me on to it, ilove it!!!

So your saying the current bid is not actually the highest bid someone has put down on the item?

Yes, on ebay you can put your absolute max bid and it will bid in increments for you until you are outbid.
Use a sniper though, they bid in the last few seconds for you ;)

Just put the highest amount you are willing to go and it will bid up to that point.. Ie: if it's at $1 now and you put in a bid of $25, then it will stop at $25, but you can get it for less than that.
I've got things for $3 when my top bid was $50, it all depends on who else wants it and how high they want to go for an item

Ok well I am now the highest bidder but the reserve for the item hasn't been met. If I up my maximum bid will it tell me that the reserves been met, or not until the current bid goes over the line?

Thanks everyone that was quick!

Jeremy

STOP BIDDING.... you will just drive the price up, wait till the last 30 sec or so ;)

It wont tell you the reserve untill yourself or someone else bids that amount.
If the reserve is $40 and you bid $40 it will jump to that bid to make reserve (once you bid the reserve that sets the price)

since we're talking ebay snipers, anyone know a good, free sniper to use?

Its just because someone has a larger maximum bid then yours,so if you put in a bid there bid will beat it until its maxed Eg.if im bidding on a car its upto $1200 i put a bid on it for $1250 and someone has put a maximum bit of $2000 it will automatically bid on it to beat your bid and will keep doing it until it reaches 2g

Bah who needs sniper programs, I find that rather a cheaters way. I do it all manually within the last 10 seconds and won 95% of things ive bidded on.

Also another tip, when you bid at the last minute add some odd dollars/cents onto the end of your bid. Most people will bid right on the exact dollar, for example say $100 you'd bid something odd like $100.63 and your 63 cents would win it for you ;).

I was once bidding on something for my car and there was only 1 other guy bidding, i came in at the last few seconds and bidded $703.69 as my max bid and his bidding stopped at $700 exactly. I bet he was pee'd off too lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back