Eco tech advanced reptile thermostat - specification question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taeanna

Reaction score
I am attempting to calculate the watts-per-day of my reptile enclosure (for better money management and whatnot) and while all of my other globes and equipment is honest about its energy consumption, the thermostat does not list what it consumes to power its own functions. It just tells you the amount of power it can CONTROL, not what it USES.

Does anyone know the approximate wattage per hour that the thermostat is consuming?

According to the box it is a DTC-100, but it is good to know the thermostats run off so little power!
I had given up and had been calculating it based off a 25 watt globe to be super safe. This will bring down my tenuous total by $73 bucks a year! :D

At this rate I will run out of excuses not to upgrade from a companion license by the end of the year...

Searching for the DTC-100, I came across an ad for an EcoTech, but cannot determine the model number. It too says "3 watts" consumption. They don't eat much, there's not much to them. Unless yours is *substantially* different from the 120 and/or the ad linked below, you could probably plug "5 watts" into your equations and be well covered.
https://amazingamazon.com.au/products/eco-tech-dimming-reptile-thermostat-html

Welcome to the forum, and by the way, it is good form to thank people who help you or try to help you.

I am sorry if I forgot to thank you personally in my message, I thought I had but on rereading I must have deleted it when editing.

I apologise for any offense this may have caused you.

Latest posts

Back