Egg incubation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Bitey

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have a couple of questions regarding Python egg incubation that I haven't been able to find the answers to, hopefully someone more experienced than I can offer some advice. I have 2 clutches of Darwin Carpet Python eggs currently incubating at 31.5 degrees, and everything seemingly has been going well.

One clutch has started to dimple quite significantly, as pictured. They're still 3-4 weeks from hatching, is this too early? Eggs appear healthy when candled, should I just let them go, or is there something I need to do?

Also I'm using the over water incubation method, and wondering if the water / plastic tray pose any issues when they hatch? I'm concerned the hatchlings might get trapped in the small gaps around the side of the container, should I be looking at changing or removing substrates when they start hatching?

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks.
992b828f2f0a325f3431751679e38c53.jpg

14b5d328c24c485671d7707c73462a44.jpg

6f26c464dc0d683096523ceb782da82c.jpg

I wouldn't worry about the dimpling. They will be fine over the water, but don't let them hatch fully there.

I incubate my Darwins over water, too. As soon as they pip, I move them to a secure container with damp newspaper or paper towel in the bottom. You don't want them to drown. I also pip all eggs once the first has pipped. Some youngsters use my slit, but others insist on making their own. It is fun to watch them stick their heads out like little periscopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back