eggs and light

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

My female carpet laid eggs and since I don't have incubator, I am using smaller cage to keep them in instant temperature.
What about light. Should I make sure that they are in dark?

Why don't you just build an incubator...take you all of a few hours.
Why even breed snakes if your not prepared? It's not like you don't have enough warning before she lays. :roll:

Some say light causes premature hatching but i've never had a problem with it.

My question was about light. I do know that I can build incubator.
Anybody know the answer?

Slatey, duga did answer you and i cant blame him for having a dig about not have an incubator. Most incubators use light bulbs as a heat source, that shouldnt be your failing point in producing hatchies. I would seriously consider an incubator if you want to succeed in hatching these eggs.

The eggs are in the container, probe thermometer 5 mm above egs and temperature controled by thermostat. So far is lowest 29.5 and highest 30.1 I am using good thermostat. and insulated cage.
I can't imagin the incubator make anything else for egs mate.
The answer about light is still not clear to me. So far I do have opinion what some people say and your answer that light should not be my failing point.
What I would like to hear is somebody who definatelly know if light is damaging to eggs.
I do not need any help regarding building Incubator or advice regarding incubating, I do have all informations regarding this. Just the light thing please. In case anybody know proper answer.

Most incubators use light bulbs as a heat source

What dont you understand Slatey? What you described above is an incubator. Maybe you should have been a bit more enlightening with your first post, it sounded like you dont have a clue.

That is OK ad.
Yes I am using one of my cage as incubator. I asume that light is OK for eggs. But I would not mind to get definite opinion.

the light is fine slaty as most people use lights to heat there incubators.

I have hatched Carpets and Beardies in and esky using a 40 watt white light as a heat source, with no problems at all ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back