??Elec Hot water systems??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_Penrith

Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought a house that has an electric hot water system... The electricity is on but we have no hot water...
Do i need to do anything to the water system thingy?
Cheers, Daniel

hi mate, contact your local plumber a talk to him about the latest government rebates on hws, ask him about a heat pump system. intial cost may be dear but once you receive your rebates you end up paying stuff all. rebates normally take 4-6 weeks,
hope this helps

if you want to fix the exising one it will most likely be the thermostat or the element;) pending the age of the unit.

I don't want to sound dumb (too late I've started to talk) but mine has a water tap on it as well as the power. Is the water on? Mine also takes a while to heat the water, as there is a lot of people where I live if you don't get in first you wait til midnight for more hot water so when did you turn it on?

I just realised that i didnt check the power board to see if there was a switch for the water system! Are there normally switches on the water tanks to turn them on or off?
Wil i will def check out a new water system as i was just checkin out that info on the gov website.

I don't want to sound dumb (too late I've started to talk) but mine has a water tap on it as well as the power. Is the water on? Mine also takes a while to heat the water, as there is a lot of people where I live if you don't get in first you wait til midnight for more hot water so when did you turn it on?

there will be a circuit breaker in the meter box, check that , did you get a building inspection done?. that should have told you if it was working.
cheers:)

yeah we just bought a solar system. The cost was $3,800 but the Govt gives us $3,000 back so it only cost $700 to get free hot water.

and Daniel, if you have just turned your power on for the first time today then your hot water wont heat up until tonight and you should have hot water in the morning. Assuming you have off peak of course. You can tell this by looking in yrou meter box and it will ahve its own meter.

Hi Peter,
What was the system that you got and how big is it?
The power has been on since settlement but because i was painting and ripping carpet up there was no need for hot water so i didnt notice until today. I will check it out tomorrow for sure.

inthegrass: Yeh i had all the inspections and there was nothing to say the hot water unit wasn't functioning so must just be off at the meter box!

yeah we just bought a solar system. The cost was $3,800 but the Govt gives us $3,000 back so it only cost $700 to get free hot water.

and Daniel, if you have just turned your power on for the first time today then your hot water wont heat up until tonight and you should have hot water in the morning. Assuming you have off peak of course. You can tell this by looking in yrou meter box and it will ahve its own meter.

If you check the meter box and find that the circuit breaker is on you may need to contact your electricity company. If you are on off peak their relay in the meterbox maybe faulty. Happens all the time.

I want Peter to do my creative accounting - 1) a system costs $3800.... 2) the rebate is $3000.... 3) the final cost is $700... $100 magically disappears hehe :)

Well done on your HWS - I assume if it's all on, filling, and the circuit breaker is in operation (ie the circuit is complete) then it's only a matter of time before you have hot water :)

Hey mate,
If the circuit breaker is on and you dont have offpeak hot water then it could be the element or the thermostat. If you do have offpeak hot water then it could be the Offpeak Relay,element or thermostat but if you have only just turned on the circuit breaker during the day it should come on around 6pm or 7pm.

Check the manufacture date on the label too - 8 years or more and its on borrowed time. They don't last 25 years these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back