Enclosure lighting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reptilechick

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

What type of lighting would you use to bring out the true colours of your snakes?

My BIL recently acquired a new RBB and we were discussing how the red looks slightly dull in the enclosure.

What kind of lighting would bring out the best color without affecting the snake too much.

Thank you

If you use an rgb smart globe you can change the colours infinitely on your phone. From warm daylight to pink and every colour in between.

I use the Mercator ones in my pinball arcade at home here.

Hey everyone,

What type of lighting would you use to bring out the true colours of your snakes?

My BIL recently acquired a new RBB and we were discussing how the red looks slightly dull in the enclosure.

What kind of lighting would bring out the best color without affecting the snake too much.

Thank you
Hi Reptilechick,

Have you considered that the ventral colour may be dull because the snake is in shed. I's common for this to happen with RBBs.

I just use a standard 60 watt spot globe in my RBB's enclosures in winter connected to timers and a thermostat and reduce them to 40 watt during summer with excellent results. Not just to highlight colour but also for the overall health and wellbeing for the snakes. I've had my current RBBs for just over 12 years and been heating and lighting my enclosures this way with my vens for over 30 years. Prior to that I used to keep them in outdoor above ground pits.

Cheers,

George

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back