Enclosures for Murray Darling Carpet Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipperyWrasse

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I know I started a thread before about darwins and womas, but I have done some extensive research and I have made up my mind. I'm planning on getting a Murray Darling hatchling sometime next year, and I'm doing lots of research beforehand.
I plan on keeping the hatching in a 7-10L click clack until it's a sufficient size (does anybody have a general rule of thumb for keeping a snake in a click clack? Would be much appreciated). Not too sure what I'm going to do after that,so It'd be great if a current owner of an MD could give me some guidelines.
And finally, I'd be super glad if an MD owner (or any carpet for that matter) would be so kind as to tell me what the best brand of enclosures is, and what size I should get (I read length 120cm, depth 60cm and height 60cm)

Once again, I thank you all in advance. :D

My MD is in an enclosure I made from an old tv entertainment unit, it measures 2.2m L x1.5m hx.600mm D, he will be in that enclosure for many many years, if you choose to do something similar it can be done quite cheap and you can set it up any way you choose, MD's like to climb so I would recommend an enclosure higher than 600mm high, there's no set time for keeping hatchies in click clacks, you can move them into a large enclosure when you choose, just make sure you have plenty of hides and they will be fine, here's a pic of my MD's home

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 603
Young upwardly mobile python (YUMP) - has a fax machine in his enclosure!!

Have seen this photo before, only just now reeeally looked at it.

:rolleyes:

I have hatchy md's in small tubs, basic to setup, heat chord underneath approximately 1/3rd of the tub, hot end between 30-32.
Adults are kept in a large aviary outdoors, really depends on your location as to how much/little heat they require.
good choice for a 1st snake as they're very hardy snakes.

Young upwardly mobile python (YUMP) - has a fax machine in his enclosure!!

Have seen this photo before, only just now reeeally looked at it.

:rolleyes:
Ha ha, bad reflection, only noticed it after I posted it the first time, but haven't got around to taking a better pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back