everybody please read just found out. [incorrect. this member is not rory maclean]

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

43nickw

Reaction score
hi guys just got a tip from someone rory mclean has posted today on this thread by the name sky he has taken my stolen woma thread and is asking members to give him $10 or @20 then he will give me the full amount, THIS IS NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH ME MY SNAKES ARE GONE AND MY MONEY do not give any money this is a real scam i have a copy for police . Nice try RORYfff.jpg

i got one of those pm , i thought there was something dodgy about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got that pm too,he can get the money from my bank in nigeria,but he need to supply me with his bank details first

yes i can agree the whole situation is getting a little old , but this thread warns others that he is operating via pm on this site now , i wonder if anybody did fall for that pm , so this thread does have a good reason behind it , and yes arrogant , look it up

He is not the only one who got conned by the same person with many names but its also a warning so others don't lose

OMG- when i first pmed you about the other names i had found, i got a pm from this Skye....

Didnt intend on doing anything about it cos i was suss as after everything that had happened!!!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Skyelr
Hi there, My name is Skye and I have just read the post about the stolen woma pair that you liked. I had an idea that i thought i would throw out to some people who have commented or liked the post about trying to get together some money to give to this guy who was ripped off. Im not talking huge amounts, but was thinking if i can get people to just put in $10 or $20, then the total can be given to the person who was ripped off. I understand that there will need to be some trust with giving money and no worried if you are not interested, but i thought it would be a nice idea, especially seeing as the guy needed the money for his wifes 50th. Also im not sure if you can see that i only registered today on this page which may also look suss... my partner is really involved in the reptile industry and is registered on alot of the forums, he didnt think that anyone would be interested, hence why i registered :)

Anyway thanks for you time and if you would like to help out id love to hear back from you, and please forward on to anyone else who would like to help

Skye

hey skye,

ill talk to a few people and get back to you tomorrow. its a lovely idea, and very thoughtful of you.

sarah

This is turning into a circus.
I have been ripped off by Ergon, Australia Post and AaE just to mentions few - would you good people like to send me $10 or $20? I take $50 or $100 too.

Why couldn't it have been put in the original "Womas stolen" post? It would have bumped the thread to the top of the list and everyone would have seen it.
APS stands for Aussie Pythons and Snakes......not Always Posting Spam

Just when i thought you had actually turned over a leaf and turned into a nice human being. This is snake related and people need to be warned of scams like this....

Just when i thought you had actually turned over a leaf and turned into a nice human being. This is snake related and people need to be warned of scams like this....

I understand that completely but I think there are better ways to go about it than posting numerous threads in relation to the same case, all of which have a picture of the accused and less and less information as we go along.
The original poster wants us all on side but he has failed to even shed any light on how this person took possession of the womas without payment.
I do feel sorry for the original poster but going around making slanderous comments about someone (even if they are true) is only giving the actual incident less and less credibility.
Making threads with threats by the original poster it is just childish and will no doubt harm the case if it ever does reach a court room.

OMG- when i first pmed you about the other names i had found, i got a pm from this Skye....

Didnt intend on doing anything about it cos i was suss as after everything that had happened!!!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Skyelr
Hi there, My name is Skye and I have just read the post about the stolen woma pair that you liked. I had an idea that i thought i would throw out to some people who have commented or liked the post about trying to get together some money to give to this guy who was ripped off. Im not talking huge amounts, but was thinking if i can get people to just put in $10 or $20, then the total can be given to the person who was ripped off. I understand that there will need to be some trust with giving money and no worried if you are not interested, but i thought it would be a nice idea, especially seeing as the guy needed the money for his wifes 50th. Also im not sure if you can see that i only registered today on this page which may also look suss... my partner is really involved in the reptile industry and is registered on alot of the forums, he didnt think that anyone would be interested, hence why i registered :)

Anyway thanks for you time and if you would like to help out id love to hear back from you, and please forward on to anyone else who would like to help

Skye

hey skye,

ill talk to a few people and get back to you tomorrow. its a lovely idea, and very thoughtful of you.

sarah

I gave him $100 as i felt sad.Did not realize it as a scam.LOL
Maybe we should all do our homework first.LOL.

Cheers
Ian

Enough is enough. We sympathise with the poster, but he needs to go to through the proper channels.

It has come to my attention that skyelr is NOT the said person, but her and her partner have both been bitten by this person. Even though it was a lovely gesture, we DO NOT encourage anyone to go giving money to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes I have been contacted by a personal friend who I trust that personally knows skyelr and this person is definitely NOT rory maclean. I think that it all got out of control yesterday and there was a big misunderstanding about this member and their intentions. but as fay said we dont allow money collection using APS as a medium.

General Rule 16 -Members and sponsors require the explicit permission of the site Administrators should they wish run a competition on APS. Only registered charities with the explicit permission of the site Administrators may collect money using APS as an advertising medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back