Evidence of UFOs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Australis

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Evidence of UFOs ..... one mans mind-blowing evidence for Aliens is another mans well.... junk! ;)

www.skeptic.com said:
Bob White’s Great UFO
Artifact Mystery—Solved!
(Sometimes All it Takes is Finding the Right Expert.)

by Pat Linse, with Ean Harrison

Apsychic was taking phone calls on a late night radio show. His next caller was clearly upset—you could hear the fear in his voice. “I think I might be possessed” he confessed. “When I drive at night the street lights often turn off as I approach. I’m afraid it might be a warning that something terrible is about to happen.” The psychic tried to reassure him, “You definitely have some kind of extraordinary power, but it’s not necessarily negative. The lights that go out could mean that one phase of your life is over and you are about to enter a new one…”

As the psychic droned on about focusing on the positive and seeking out new opportunities, the phone lines lit up at the radio station. Dozens of people were trying to get through to offer an explantation for the ominous behavior of the street lights. They were all from one specific profession, but they were not scientists or psychologists.

The psychic’s explanation to the frightened man was suddenly cut off and a new voice came on the air. “We would like to let our listeners know that our phone lines have been jammed by people who have a very straightforward explanation for the caller’s problem. They are auto mechanics and they are all suggesting that the caller have his headlights adjusted. If headlights are aimed too high they trigger the daylight sensor on streetlights and turn them off. It’s a common problem.”

Luckily for the caller, the right experts were listening to provide a solution. Those familiar with skeptical literature are aware of James Randi’s tireless effort to point out that many supposed paranormal mysteries that have stumped scientists can be solved by the expertise of magicians.

Now another mystery has been solved with information provided by the right expert. The solution calls to mind Michael Shermer’s frequent admonition, “Before you say something is out of this world, make sure it isn’t of this world.”
Bob White’s UFO Artifact

The late Bob White’s mysterious object (see photo above) is touted on the internet as hard evidence for the existence of UFOs: “This isn’t the smoking gun—this is the bullet!!!!” And it has been included on or near the top of UFO “best evidence” lists.1, 2 In 1985, according to White’s sworn deposition, he was napping as he and a companion drove west through the desolate country between Grand Junction, CO and the Utah border. After 2 or 3 in the morning White’s friend woke him for a second time—the odd light they’d noticed before in the sky seemed to be getting bigger. White recalled:

[The light] was about the size of a full harvest moon… As we got closer, it grew larger… When we were a few hundred yards from it, I turned off the ignition and we coasted up close to it… It was huge, the size of a very big barn. I got out of the car…for a better look. For some unknown reason, Jan turned on the headlights, and this light went up in the sky as fast as my eyes could follow it… Then I saw another small light, bright orange with a tinge of yellow, white, and blue falling from it… I climbed the incline and went over to where I thought it might have hit. I found a groove in the ground about 18 inches deep and 9 inches wide. I followed the groove and there it lay… it was still glowing.3

White stashed the object in his trunk, and fearing that the story would harm his entertainment career, said nothing about it until after he retired.

From 1996 to his death in 2009, the now retired Bob White devoted himself to promoting his artifact as a piece of hard evidence for the existence of extraterrestrial engineering. His quest was not without its frustrations—his artifact, if genuine, should have been one of the greatest discoveries of all time—but he did manage to attract some media attention. He gave interviews, spoke at UFO conventions, wrote a book titled UFO Hard Evidence (Galde Press 2004), set up a small museum to house his artifact (where he is said to have offered the object for sale for ten million dollars), and was featured on a number of TV shows.
Unsolved-Mysteries-cover.jpg

Our expert Ean Harrison is a retired steel foundry quality control supervisor who worked in the Seattle area. Not only can he explain the origin of Bob White’s strange object, he once owned several of them and used them as garden ornaments. Harrison writes:

The object in question is made of accreted grinding residue. It forms in a manner similar to a common stalagmite when metal castings are “cleaned” on large stationary grinders. Rough castings need to have the parting line fins and gates smoothed to facilitate machining and reduce tool breakage. A typical stationary grinder in a foundry cleaning room used to hand clean castings up to 40 pounds may have a composite wheel 3 feet in diameter and 4 inches wide or larger. The casting is placed on a work guard just like the small grinder found in home workshops, and the piece is fed against the surface of the wheel, grinding off parting line fins, weld repairs, and gate bosses. The grinding dust is spewed downward into the wheel guard at a temperature near the melting point of the parent metal. When the metal dust and grinding wheel abrasive hit the bottom of the guard, the melted epoxy wheel binder glues the mixture together. Over time a stalagmite is slowly created from the bottom up, that fuses the parent metals into the characteristic form. Depending on the size of the machine, a stalagmite can easily grow to a length of 2 feet or more. Also, depending on the castings being ground, the composition of the stalagmite could be an exotic mix of stainless steel, manganese, mild steel, aluminum—in other words, a very puzzling metallurgical mix all combined in a seemingly impossible compound. But in reality it is merely a product of the melted grinding wheel binder. eventually the stalagmite grows high enough to block the opening at the base of the grinding guard. The housing must be opened, the stalagmite broken off, thrown away, recycled, used as a yard ornament, or reported as something tossed out of a UFO.

It is unfortunate so many people have been deceived into thinking an industrial waste product is concrete evidence for a UFO. But I suppose the possibility remains that an alien sailing along in a UFO was processing castings on a stationary grinder and tossed the stalagmite down at Mr. White—but one would wonder why they are still using such primitive technology

standgrinder-sm.jpg

A foundry standgrinder (click image to enlarge). (A) is the grinding wheel composed of abrasive and adhesive. (B) is where the casting rests. The stalagmites form inside the grinding wheel guard (C) just behind the two large bolt heads.

Not many large stalagmites exist as souvenirs anymore because the metal is now so valuable that it is collected and sold for scrap. There is also a concerted effort to keep the grinding guards clean and remove the stalagmites before they grow so large that they break off and destroy the grinder by becoming jammed between the guard and wheel. It is possible that Bob White’s artifact was not identified sooner because few old foundries remain which use the antiquated grinding equipment that produces them. Foundry work in the U.S. has been steadily outsourced to developing nations such as Mexico, China, and India

foundry-stalagmites-sm.jpg

One and two-horned steel stalagmites, each about 4 inches (10 cm) high. Foundry stalagmites come in many shapes and textures—from soft soggy oil-oozing blobs to elegant feathered needles. (A) and (B) (above) are fairly typical steel stalagmites with short scales and a coarse grainy texture.

custom-made-stalagmite-sm.jpg

Our custom-made two-horned carbide steel stalagmite exhibits long layered scales and a fine texture. An expert grinder operator took a look at a photo of the Bob White artifact and produced this otherworldly object (C) for Skeptic magazine by using an extra fast, extra hot grind of carbide steel to keep the metal and adhesive mix near the metal’s melting point.

Acknowledgments

Our thanks to: B.J. Mayclin of Roemer Electric Steel Foundry, Longview, WA, for supplying stalagmites (A) and (B); and to Michael Gilmore and Pat Mason for researching stalagmite production at Los Angeles area metal shops; and to Francisco Rosales for creating stalagmite (C) for this article.

Except for the top photo in this article (Bob White’s artifact), all photos were taken by Michael Gilmore, David Patton and Ean Harrison.
References

UFO METAL - THIS ISN'T THE SMOKING GUN - THIS IS THE BULLET!!!
UFOHARDEVIDENCE"THE BOB WHITE LEGACY"NASA scientist findsevidence ofalien life - Home
Three of The Best UFO Trace Cases (New Bob White Evidence Included), page 1
Bob White's Sworn Statement

Article source:
Skeptic » eSkeptic » Wednesday, October 12th, 2011

They better fix those light dependant resistors on their street lamps if they're triggered 'off' by headlamps.

I will always stand by my closed minded (which is really open minded, but we've had this discussion before) view that there is NO life on other planets that could be considered 'human'.

I'm not discounting single celled organisms that could survive - but no advanced life, nor life that could fly across the universe several light years to hover above Earth to annoy local residents.

Looking at the subject line of this thread, there is stacks of evidence for UFOs. I see them all of the time.

Keep in mind that UFO means 'unidentified flying object'. Every time you see lights flashing across the night sky and are not sure if it's a Qantas A380 or a Singapore Airlines 747, that technically makes it an object that is both unidentified and flying.

Now, alien spacecraft, they're something else altogether...:)

My apologies, Australis. There's always a pedant lurking somewhere.

Its alright, i thought it was a bit of a contradiction as i wrote it.

Im all for pedants especially when they can shed some light on the earthly industrial original of a piece of alien spacecraft :lol:

Australis are you arguing that within the Universe you don't think any other 'intelligent/sentient' or highly complex form of life exists? Or just arguing that there is no reason it should be traveling to Earth. Cause I have to think statistically, chances are with so many planets in so many galaxies there is no reason intelligent life shouldn't exist.

Australis are you arguing that within the Universe you don't think any other 'intelligent/sentient' or highly complex form of life exists? Or just arguing that there is no reason it should be traveling to Earth. Cause I have to think statistically, chances are with so many planets in so many galaxies there is no reason intelligent life shouldn't exist.

That's the point of view I talk about - just because there's planets can not mean it gives rise to intelligent life - in fact, I'd say the chances of intelligent life would be less than the chances of no life...

There's no harm in arguing that aliens do NOT exist...

There is no point in arguing that UFOs don't exist - they do exist! They're just not usually alien in origin :)

No im not really making any judgement on the possibilities of alien life.
Just the current absence of any evidence... and more so a good laugh at the idiots like Bob White.

So Slimy you are saying that only single celled organisms could evolve? Cause if they evolve and certain conditions are met they will in fact help alter a planet to improve conditions for the evolution of more complex life. Maybe not sentient, but the chance of complex organisms, vertebrates or similar is huge. I think to say that over millions and millions of galaxies the chance of a similar evolutionary pathway presenting itself it likely enough for some form of cognition to evolve in multiple places.

So Slimy you are saying that only single celled organisms could evolve? Cause if they evolve and certain conditions are met they will in fact help alter a planet to improve conditions for the evolution of more complex life. Maybe not sentient, but the chance of complex organisms, vertebrates or similar is huge. I think to say that over millions and millions of galaxies the chance of a similar evolutionary pathway presenting itself it likely enough for some form of cognition to evolve in multiple places.

No, I'm not saying that - I was saying the chances of that are much higher.

My reasoning is similar to Australis - there's no evidence to support life exists on other planets, so therefore, at present, I don't think anyone can prove me wrong. I'm ok with believing we're the only beings out there.

For me its not just about the possibility it has happened on another planet, but the timing... maybe we are the first or the only ones left (e_e)

I think with all of the billions of other possible life-supporting planets out there, it's definitely within the realms of possibility that some form of life has developed somewhere.

However, there's nothing written into evolutionary code that life has to lead to intelligent life - that's just a biased human view because we like ourselves and happen to be intelligent, so we assume that all life must lead to something like us. This isn't so.

On top of this, let's say another intelligent life form had developed elsewhere. The probability of them visiting earth are absurdly low. Our Earth has been around for approximately 4.5 billion years, with life forms of some sort around for most of that (say 4 billion years). Homo sapiens has been around for 100,000 years, but we've really only been advanced enough for some other intelligent life form to take interest (if they were to come visit, say) for less than 200 years. In fact, more like less than 100 years. Realistically, our computer/rocket age started around 50 years ago. The aliens would also have had to have known we were going to reach this stage well in advance, for them to plan their visit (unless they can travel at speeds far greater than the speed of light) to be here on time for our big moment. The nearest possible life supporting planets are light years away, but the chances of those being the very planets that not only have life, but intelligent life as well are very slim. Not only that, but they'd have to have evolved intelligent life at a perfect time to coincide with us reaching the level we have reached. Given that Earth has had meaningful intelligence (from an Alien's perspective) for 100/4.5 billion years, the odds of their planet evolving intelligent life at the very same time would be incredibly, stupidly small. Of course, they'd have to find us, too. Our radio waves have not been travelling through space long enough to reach many planets, so there's not much chance of knowing we are here, especially as they'd have to have known we were going to be here long before we were, in order for them to get here in time. Most likely, the ships they'd be travelling in would have to support multiple generations of their life forms so they could keep travelling for the eons it would take to get here.

Let's say by some ridiculously small odds all of the above happened - is someone then going to tell me that, after defeating all of those odds and wasting all of those generations of alien life to get here, all they'd be interested in doing is a few circles above an Iowa cornfield, long enough for a fat guy with shaky hands to take some badly blurred shots on his disposable Instamatic pocket camera (and maybe kidnap Elvis), then go home? I don't think so.

Aus, you know as well as i do that aliens have been here and visited the Central Coast!;)

It is carved in stone...

Leyland Brothers World (aka mini Uluru) was created by Aliens?
LeylandBrosWorld.jpg

I THOUGHT SO!!!!

Hahaha love your work Austy, some people just don't want to know the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back