EWD and Bearded Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if eastern water dragons and any type of bearded dragon go together in a tank around 5 to 6 ft long by
3 to 4 ft high??

Cheers Bayley

Although if we are talking adults, it may be possible to have 2 females in a cage quite bigger. But i wouldn't recommend it.

I tried this years ago with 2 young ewd and 2 young central beardies. All was good until the beardies doubled in size to the ewd within 2 months and I came home from school to find my poor little ewd half way down the throat of one of the beardies. Poor guy didn't make it and I learned a fast lesson that beardies will eat anything! Not a good idea.

Unfortunately due to the vastly different captive care requirements EWD and bearded dragons are not suited to co-inhabitation in indoor enclosures.

In a larger outdoor enclosure adults can co habitate but I wouldn't try indoors. In the pits at cudlee creek wildlife park they have them together.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

adult eastern water dragons and eastern bearded dragons can be kept out doors in a large enclosure or pit. i would never put then in an indoor enclosure together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back