Exo-Terra versus Reptile-One

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhyspieces

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my enclosure for my stimmy in a couple of months, as she’s only currently is a 45x45x30 exo-terra while shes still young. I was looking at either the exo-terra 90x45x45 or the reptile-one 90x45x60, and was wondering which people recommended more? The obvious difference is the doors, with exo-terra being a hinge door and reptile-one being a sliding, and obviously the price. As much as I’d love to have the extra climbing space that the reptile-one provides i also feel that using the fittings for the lights along with the cages for them takes up a lot of room, whereas with the exo-terra i can use my current light stand through the mesh lid.

opinions?

Horses for courses, I like exo terra cos they are solid built and have heaps of spares available on ebay (like doors), but some reptile one enclosures have way better designed ventilation imo.
I don't like how the bigger reptile one enclosures that flat pack have rattley ass glass and flex and move, I pulled mine apart and put a few spots of black silicone to stop this. Neither brand offer any really fantastic, well thought out designs for reptiles, they are mass produced and reasonably priced.
I much prefer wood or plastic cabinets with glass fronts for snakes or pythons as the temps hold more stable than all glass enclosures.

Back