Exo Terra Waterfall

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laefiren

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Okay. So I have one of these in a small and the frogs love it. Problem is it clogs constantly (fixed that with a filter bag) and keeps running dry for no discernible reason. Turns out it’s leaking. My terrarium is very wet right now which I’m going to have to fix in the morning but does anyone have any ideas about fixes or replacements? This thing is a pain but the frogs absolutely love it.

I’m not sure if it would work, but if you pulled it apart and found the spot where it is leaking you could most likely just get some aquarium silicone and seal it with that.
It could also just be in need of a new hose.
just off the top of my head..
might just be the fact that when it clogs up it keeps pumping water out and over flows until it runs dry. Might have to clean that filter bag you put on out every other day.

Yeah I took it out and it turns out the seam at the back (so it divides into 3) leaks. Which I could fix with silicone but that might make it too hard to clean.

I’m giving up on this thing I swear. I have no idea what the difference is. I ran it in my kitchen for 3 days and it leaked a tiny bit from the back and I was like okay cool. Put it back in with the frogs water disappearing left and right. The thing almost ran dry 3 times in 3 days. I don’t know what the difference is. It’s level it’s got the same amount of water. I mean sure the heat lamp might be evaporating some of it but it’s not really that warm.

They are crap and never works for more than a week and I think it goes for all brands that makes stuff like that 🙄

They are crap and never works for more than a week and I think it goes for all brands that makes stuff like that 🙄
I’ve turned it into another pond so they don’t have to share and put some stones in it to create a ledge. I have two of these damn things and they’re not cheap :/

Latest posts

Back