Expressions of Interest

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor

Reaction score
Due to the recent theft of so many animals the loss of one of my birds and its return after 180 people claimed it
I had them micro chipped.

I have approched my vet with an idea please let me know if you are interested as yet nothing like this excists for us herpers.

Hi,

Good to hear the birds are all good.

If you are talking about a bulk session for you that will be no problem. Basically would arrange a day and I would come out and do it.

If you want to organize a more global day for everyone to get them chipped then that’s fine too. If so then let me know because we will need to talk to the database company. There are actually laws and parliamentary acts that cover microchips and the data bases the data is kept on. I am sure we can work out something.

Give me call if you want to discuss further.

Shane

Dr. Shane Simpson B.V.Sc.(Hons), GCM(VP), CMAVA
Karingal Veterinary Hospital

Aspendale Gardens Veterinary Hospital

Nepean Veterinary Clinic
328 Cranbourne Road
Frankston
Victoria 3199
Australia

[email protected]
(03) 9789 3444
(03) 9776 6127
shanesimpson

it would be similar to micro chipping a dog wouldnt it?

You got your bird back after 180- people claimed it was their own??
Very good idea.. I would definetly be in if I had reptiles already. However I can see confusion and hassle coming about if you're thinking of putting a whole bunch of animals together so they can be microchipped on the same day....so goodluck with that!

Micro chipping

At a global level there would be more than one person micro chipping and I cannot see any problems as the reptiles would not just be thrown into a room as such. Yes I did get my bird back after 180 people claimed it mind you there were only 30 licienced people in the area, it took extensive interviews being able to produce photos special or unusual marks or charatistics an avadavit 6 weeks of stress, this is why the decision to micro chip.

It is on the cards to become legislation sooner or later

Status
Not open for further replies.