Fake license details

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukecee

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Is there anything I can do ?? All my animals are on license , I purchase a monitor from somebody who I assume gave me a fake name, fake reptile license number and I assume this because the mobile number he gave me is out of service and the person who put me onto him has said he cant contact him, how do I make my lizard now legal ??? Or do I I just add the lizard onto my license with the details he provided me ?

So ok, I'm in Vic so our license system is different to NSW, But I'm sure NSW has license paperwork? Every animal I have bought over the years I have been asked to supply a physical copy of my licence, and I ask for a physical copy of theirs, we then take pics and away we go, do people not do this? It seems NSW people seem to have licensing issues more than other states, am I missing something?

So ok, I'm in Vic so our license system is different to NSW, But I'm sure NSW has license paperwork? Every animal I have bought over the years I have been asked to supply a physical copy of my licence, and I ask for a physical copy of theirs, we then take pics and away we go, do people not do this? It seems NSW people seem to have licensing issues more than other states, am I missing something?
We have digital licenses

When I sell my babies I usually ask to see a pic of the license. Most people either have a pic on their phone or can produce an email to verify. Because I breed R2 reptiles I have to be more careful these days

Thank you @Herpetology

@dragonlover1 that's what I thought should be normal, it just seems like a lot of people pass these animals around on trust and I'm not sure how good an idea this is.

I don't know, to me it just seems a bit irresponsible. Not trying to be rude or offend anyone, I know not everyone knows everything, but is ignorance really a good excuse when you are signing up to care for a life?

Maybe I'm just old and judgemental, I'm not sure.

Hi Herpetology I am in NSW and do not have a digital licence. I have digital record keeping as you know this is not your licence.
It’s all kept in electronic format now, the licence and the record keeping. You won’t have a physical licence.

It’s all kept in electronic format now, the licence and the record keeping. You won’t have a physical licence.
yes you do, I print out every license renewal and so can everybody else

Thank you @Herpetology

@dragonlover1 that's what I thought should be normal, it just seems like a lot of people pass these animals around on trust and I'm not sure how good an idea this is.

I don't know, to me it just seems a bit irresponsible. Not trying to be rude or offend anyone, I know not everyone knows everything, but is ignorance really a good excuse when you are signing up to care for a life?

Maybe I'm just old and judgemental, I'm not sure.
It is actually a rule that you must sight the license of the person you buy or sell from, most people just take it on trust. I have been burned a couple of times so now I insist unless it is somebody I know is above reproach

I have a paper copy that was sent from NPWS. The electronic record keeping only has my licence number not a copy of the licence itself.
must be oldschool licence since all the new ones are in email/PDF
LlAjpox.png

I updated my address about 5 months ago and still have heard nothing from the NPWS. Do they normally either email or post an updated licence out? Calling them is a waste of time, I've tried about 10 times to no avail.

Latest posts

Back