Feeding size for Stimson's Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin41

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have put a request for information about the size mice to feed my Stimsons before and people were kind enough to reply. I realise that I am probably over worrying about feeding, BUT.
My Stimsons is 8 months old, it's body is about 15mm in diameter at the largest spot, and is 49cms long.
I was advised to go for a hopper or weaner....another BUT. It looks as if would be far too large for my python. I don't want to feed it something that is too large and either it cannot take it, or it gets stuck in her mouth.
I feed her every Wednesday, and am feeding her about 3 day old pinkies, which she has no trouble eating. Considering the pinkies I feed are about 4.5cms long and 15cms across the head and body at the widest points.
Once again....What do you suggest?

Attachments

• 94 Growth photo.JPG
    94 Growth photo.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 18
Yes you are over worring

weaner or hopper mice... as suggested before lol can guarantee its not "far too large" 3 day old pinkies are quite literally useless for growth past the first feeds which are used to get the snake to start eating
4.5cm long pinkies? are u feeding pinkie rats or mice šŸ˜† i think thats where the confusion is coming from

we suggest weaner/hopper mice, but you are feeding pinkie RATS, so probably thought we meant weaner/hopper rats (which would be too big)

Last edited:
Hey @Colin41 Smaug is about 3cm longer than your snake but about the same diameter, and similar age. Iā€™ve just upgraded from hoppers to weaners and he takes them fine. They can stretch much more than you think ;)

Thanks again guys you were both absolutely right. I went out and bought some weaners today and fed Harmione with one and she woofed it down with no trouble at all. It just took some confidence.

Attachments

• 97 Eating Weaner.JPG
    97 Eating Weaner.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 19
Thanks again guys you were both absolutely right. I went out and bought some weaners today and fed Harmione with one and she woofed it down with no trouble at all. It just took some confidence.
thats awesome! goodjob

Latest posts

Back