'Feline jihad' threat to feral cats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE:

So he was finding them new homes,yeah right :twisted: Can't say I blame him, I have enough trouble with 1 neighbours cat, i couldn't imagine trying to deal with 10 or more :evil:

RE:

A feline jihad ay, I cant say i have a problem with a holy cat :lol:

RE:

how does he no which ones are feral??? not all house cats are fat...
i think its cruel he hasnt given a good enough excuss to go around killing animals...

"In his commentary, Gerskin said the strays fed by a "neighbourhood cat lady" have brought filth and disease to his home, and local Humane Society officials have not been able to stop it."

how do Cats bring in filth and disease into his home if the lady down the road feeds them??? is he letting them into his house?? If she is feeding them then they are less likely to harm native animals.. and arent really strays if they keep going back to her for food, how many cats that arent strays hunt birds?

Its like the people on the dogsonline thread that were talking about ways to kill snakes to protect there dogs! who gives him the right to kill animals then gob off about it?

RE:

Why is it cruel? alkthough it doesnt specify a method of euthanasia there is no reason to believe he is torturing them. A quick and painless death is the best thing that could happen to them, something that the cats victims dont get.

RE:

Cats kill out of instinct not hunger. A fed domesticated cat will still kill, it is hardwired into them (varying levels with individual cats of course). Perhaps a fed cat will kill less things.

I do not approve of any pet animal that kills unecessarily be they cat, dog or budgie. If people have an animal that has an aggressive tendency to chase and attack prey they need to ensure that the animal does not act on it. This can be done through fences, keeping indoors, lots of play so they are too tired to bother among other things.

I'd kill a dog or cat that was killing any animal of mine and they should not be able to kill wildlife either. I would not kill a wild animal for doing what it needs to do to survive. Any introduced/feral animal shouldn't be here and should be killed in the most humane effective method possible.

RE:

Hmmmm, is it you HT??? remembeering what you have said in the past about your neighbours cats,,,,,, hmmm are you calling bragging rights???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back