Filming a documentary

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasperDaud

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my names Jasper and I am a first year film student at JMC in Brisbane city.

I am currently in production of a documentary about Australian Native Cockroaches, the documentary will be called Pest and will aim to try and change the public perception of Native Cockroaches and show people the important role they play within our ecosystem.

At the moment I am trying to get footage of mainly Giant burrowing cockroaches and possibly footage of keepers handling they're roaches. I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in participating in the documentary. film dates are between 18th of July and 6th of August and if anyone is interested in participating it would be amazing you could send a message over to my email which is [email protected] so I can discuss more of the details about the project!

Kind Regards,
Jasper!

Last edited:
Probably worth saying which city you're in rather than 'the city'. Most people might know what JMC is, but I don't.

I'd also suggest getting in touch with your local wildlife demonstration to see if they may have some, I am not sure how the regulators look at inverts (pretty sure it's open slather but I also won't give you that as legal advice lol) but just in case there are any issues with using them for film, generally the demos have the appropriate permitting etc.

Latest posts

Back