Finally some woma eggies! DIAL UP WARNING!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Bella finally has eggs!

Thought I'd share my excitement at our 6 yr old Uluru Southern Cross woma finally giving us a clutch of eggs. We've had her and her boyfriend for 4 years now, without any eggies forthcoming.

Thinking we must be doing something royally wrong for her not to breed, this year I kind of thought bugger it, I'm too busy to faff around with them this winter. I'll leave them to it and try again properly next year.

Lo and behold this is how she ended up...
DSC_0210-3.jpg

DSC_0207-1.jpg

And this is what we woke up to yesterday morning. She had ten massive eggs in total, I got to watch her lay the last three. She was absolutely exhausted from the effort, and hadn't moved an inch all day. This morning I checked on her and she's all curled up in a circle and occasionally 'shivering' as though she is actually incubating eggs. Silly lass, I'll feed her tonight and remove her nestbox. She's obviously rather confused!

DSC_0002-4.jpg

Sequence shots *made my eyes water*
DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0007-4.jpg

DSC_0008-6.jpg

DSC_0009-3.jpg

DSC_0010-3.jpg

DSC_0011-2.jpg

DSC_0015-6.jpg

DSC_0020-1.jpg

Five of the eggies
DSC_0021-3.jpg

One of the eggies - not the biggest one either!
DSC_0013-3.jpg

You and about a thousand other people! I've got to renew my subscription, so I'm about 900 pm's over limit at the moment LMAO! Gimme a mo, have to find the subscription email.

Nice one saz....must be a good feeling after trying for a few seasons.

Cheers,
Dave

Amazing. That egg is absolutely HUGE! i didnt realise they were so big.

how wonderful....you must be absolutely thrilled !!!
Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for you
Elizabeth

Thanks all, very proud of her :) Eggs are all looking lovely and healthy. Hopefully we have little Bellas and Ruperts slithering around before too long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back