First feed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ris80

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As you might remember, I brought home a blonde spotted python last week. I've been eagerly awaiting the 7-10 days mark and I thought today being the 7th day, I'd try her with a feed. Got her out a pinky, defrosted it, heated it up and opened the lid...

BAM! She loved it! Snaffled it right up! Now just need to wait a couple of more days before I handle her for the first time.

Just wanted to share my news because I'm so excited!

Charissa

first feed in a new home is always a nice sight, and a good sign and with that, there will be plenty more feeds to come!

I no how you feel, I picked up my first python from newcastle expo, a little stimson wheatbelt. I gave her a pinkie and she smashed it down, there wasn't much of a lump there tho and the speed she ate the first one I ended up trying a 2nd pinkie which she had no problems getting down either. I also found she had shed the night before, like you said now just to wait a couple of days before I can get her out and finally handle her.

Last edited:
good to see a new keeper that's done some research, i know how hard it is trying to leave a brand new python alone to get used to its surroundings, good job and enjoy the fun times ahead.
Liam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back