Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlennB

Reaction score
Hello I'm after my first python what would be best for me

I'm new to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Most 'first time' python owners (in Australia) usually go for the 'Antaresia' genus- This includes the Spotted Python, Childrens Python, Stimsons Python, and Anthill Python/Pygmy Python. This is because the snakes are much easier to care for.

My first snake was a Jungle Carpet Python, i did a few months of research first ( i was soooo excited!!) and she is quite easy to look after ; so it is really up to you what snake you would like... But i highly wouldn't recommend getting a snake like a Green Tree Python as your first!!!

yeh its just what snake you want really but defiantly wouldn't recommend a GTP or depending on you size a scrub python or anything like that.

Most snakes are good firsts , pick one you like the look of and can afford to house / feed and do some research on that particular one .

Most 'first time' python owners (in Australia) usually go for the 'Antaresia' genus- This includes the Spotted Python, Childrens Python, Stimsons Python, and Anthill Python/Pygmy Python. This is because the snakes are much easier to care for.
!

Caring for a spotted python is no different to caring for a woma or MD or bredli .... they all require an enclosure , heat , water and food.

first decide on what kind of size u could handle, then look for breeds that fit those sizes,....

personally, i dont like small snakes, but heaps of people choose them as their first.

I like the bredlis

I've been researching a lot and I like the Bredlis and blonde spotted pythons do u guys know of any reputable breeders around the gold coast area?

Last edited:
My first one was a green tree python everyone said not good for your first get some experience with other snake but that's what I like an that what I got haven't looked back now have many just get one that u like because pet are a long term so u got to be happy with it

Pet shop at burleigh an the one at nerang have heaps of different one check there

Last edited:
I like the bredlis

I've been researching a lot and I like the Bredlis and blonde spotted pythons do u guys know of any reputable breeders around the gold coast area?

Can't help you with any breeders in QLD, maybe check out petpages and look in the QLD Reptiles section, you may find a few for sale there. (I just had a look and there are a couple of people selling Bredli's on there now)

My first python was a Bredli, they are an easy to look after snake. My first one was really snappy and took a bit of handling to get it out of him and now he's fine. But thats not all hatchling Bredli's, my second one is very placid and never has that nervous feeling. Good luck mate.

Snake ranch :) that's where I'm getting my blonde spotted from. They freight them.

My first one was a green tree python everyone said not good for your first get some experience with other snake but that's what I like an that what I got haven't looked back now have many just get one that u like because pet are a long term so u got to be happy with it

Pet shop at burleigh an the one at nerang have heaps of different one check there

Are you joking? Pet shops are the biggest rip offs when it comes to buying herps!! Cunningham skinks at $200 each and plain old stimmes at $495. Come on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back