First time snake owner - Diamond hatchling setup?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flebbers

Reaction score
Hi, all!
I’m very new to this site and also to reptile keeping in general. Up until late last year I was pretty afraid of snakes but then I started learning about them and a couple months go by and suddenly I’m in love, haha!

I’m getting my first snake in about a months time and it’s a diamond python hatchling. I at first thought I’d get a yearling or adult snake but things worked out differently and I fell in love with the hatchie I’m getting. So I had a rough idea of what I needed for a yearling or adult snake but now I’m completely out of my depth and through my research I’ve been getting conflicting reports on what I’d need for the setup.

I was wondering if anyone could give me like a list or something of what I’d need for a diamond python hatchling set up, so that I have something to work off of.
I just want to do what’s best for the little guy and give him/her the best care that I can. Any help would be much appreciated.

This is an idea setup, maybe a slightly taller tub

30CC854B-F177-428C-9D64-2DADA001D2A7.jpeg

Thanks for the visual! Would it need a uv light or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the visual! Would it need a uv light or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but it can’t hurt, doesn’t do anything either, natural room light would be enough (don’t have it in direct sunlight or next to a window)

It will need a heat mat of 3-5w and a thermostat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back