First week poop clean up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmah

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I got my Stimmie on Saturday and at the suggestion of where I bought him, fed him on Sunday (his regular feeding day). He went for it no problems, and each night about 8-10pm he goes for a wander around his tank before curling up in his warm hide for the night. So doesn't seem anxious or jumpy which is good. The enclosure and substrate (that fake grass matting) are identical to what he was in at the store.

My question though. He's pooped a bit, what is the protocol for cleaning in a small enclosure with a brand new snake? Clean when I see it, or don't stress him out by opening the tank everytime there is crap on the floor? Apart from the one feed and topping up water, I've left him alone for the minute.

Personaly, i would clean it up sooner rather than later. If he's eating straight away, and dosn't appear stressed you could just pick it up while he's in his hide. Or gently move him to another container breifly so you can clean it more thoroughly. He will probably only go about once a week anyway, depending on how often you feed him. Good luck.

My stimmy is a chiller whenever I see poop I just put him on my knee clean it up and pop him back in :) only takes a min or 2 to clean up but I use paper towel for his substrate atm until he's in a bigger enclosure

Thanks guys! I cleaned up his poop on Tuesday night, and will spot clean it when I see it moving forward. He's due for another crap any day now, feed day being Sunday ?

Latest posts

Back