Frogs and hermits

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

princessparrot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
about how big do GTF get in captivity? I know the wild ones up at my grandmas in qld were as big as my hand not stretched out but I haven't seen any that big in captivity, I've only seen ones about two thirds the size of them at the most and smaller. I think the main thing I'm trying yo ask is how long could one live in a 45-45-45cm enclosure? I was thinking of making my 2ft crab setup into a frog setup and frog setup into a hermit one and just getting some smaller crabs but I've kind of decided I want to keep it how it was. Do you know if it is possible to get/keep perons tree frogs in canberra cos I really want one I know that amazing amazon in Victoria sells them but that's abit to far away

Green tree frogs get to 10cm, male peron's get to 5cm females to 6.5cm. A single green tree frog will be happy in the above dimensions or a pair/trio of peron's. Wild green tree frogs get to the same size as captives, it comes down to how much is fed to the frog for body mass. If you want a bigger frog buy a white-lipped tree frog they get to 15ish cm, although I'm not sure if they can be kept in Canberra but a 10 minute phone call to the licencing authority in your state/territory is all it'll take to find out. Cheers.

Last edited:
Green tree frogs get to 10cm, male peron's get to 5cm females to 6.5cm. A single green tree frog will be happy in the above dimensions or a pair/trio of peron's. Wild green tree frogs get to the same size as captives, it comes down to how much is fed to the frog for body mass. If you want a bigger frog buy a white-lipped tree frog they get to 15ish cm, although I'm not sure if they can be kept in Canberra but a 10 minute phone call to the licencing authority in your state/territory is all it'll take to find out. Cheers.
ok thanks. So the 45 one should be ok for one? Also I was thinking are magnificent tree frog bigger or smaller than GTF

Yes a 45*45*45 is big enough for an adult common green tree frog, the magnificent green tree frog gets slightly larger than a common does.

Yes a 45*45*45 is big enough for an adult common green tree frog.

what would be a good/safe way to wash all the stuff in my frog setup because I did have a perons in there that I rescued from near death and I know they are poisonous so I just want to make sure everything is nice and clean before I use them for any other species

- - - Updated - - -

Also would those jungle vine things be big/wide enough for a green tree frog? They're about 1.5cm wide...

Last edited:
what would be a good/safe way to wash all the stuff in my frog setup because I did have a perons in there that I rescued from near death and I know they are poisonous so I just want to make sure everything is nice and clean before I use them for any other species

- - - Updated - - -

Also would those jungle vine things be big/wide enough for a green tree frog? They're about 1.5cm wide...

As far as I'm aware there are no poisonous amphibians in Australia except for cane toads, as for this vine, if it's to climb/perch on it won't be wide enough at 1.5cm for an adult but a juvinile would use it. I wouldn't use any chemicals whatsoever in a frog enclosure, boiling water or heat are you best choices for sterilizing but remember that very hot water on cold glass will end up cracking it. Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back