Garden skinks!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Licespray

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Does anyone keep or breed these little guys ya see around the yard? I’ve never seen them for sale so that’s probably answering the question, ha!

I used to keep two species on license (Lampropholis guichenoti and Lampropholis delicata). Lots of fun, very cool animals. But, probably because they're so common in gardens, they have little commercial value (everyone talks about how much they desperately want them but no one wants to pay more than a trivial amount), so no one bothers to advertise or sell and eventually they always die out after someone manages to get some on the books. They breed like flies, very easy to quickly produce large numbers.

Hey
1st time in here.
Lifespray....I found one on my back porch...put it in the same enclosure as my Southern angle headed...it's still alive after 2 months...buries itself in the substrate ( mix of dirt, coir brick and bark) ...am going to assume it's eating the springtails and small crickets that are there and maybe the odd baby roach

Outdoor pit with an insect attracting light above it that’s on at night then, hey? :p auto feeder!

Hey
1st time in here.
Lifespray....I found one on my back porch...put it in the same enclosure as my Southern angle headed...it's still alive after 2 months...buries itself in the substrate ( mix of dirt, coir brick and bark) ...am going to assume it's eating the springtails and small crickets that are there and maybe the odd baby roach
Hey, not trying to be rude, but don’t take animals from the wild unless you have a license. Cuz, it is actually illegal.
Not trying to be rude.

Back