Gecko Identification PLEASE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noidea

Reaction score
hey found this little guy in my peg basket whilst hanging out the washing. sorry bout the pic it was on my fone just wondering if anyone new what it was.
thanks heaps
mel:D03072007458.jpghe has heaps of yellow under his tummy too

It's not an asian house gecko? The pic is not much help.

no its not an AHS and we also have 2 QLDhouse geckosand it looks nothing like them but this one is fluro yellow with flecks and stripes of black with yellow under its stomach and its tail curls around almost like um prehensial if thats the right word for it.

only a guess! but Morning Gecko? It is the only thing that i think comes close to that photo.

wow just checked it out but it says that they are found in the cook islands and are a pest is that the same here? it looks almost identical to some of the pics on google. thanks to everyone that helped.

Thats ok I used Reptiles of Australia by wilson and swan as a reference. A great book to get for field herping.

I agree Dave, it helps differentiate Red Naped Snakes from juvenile Eastern Brown Snakes.

I agree that it is a L.lugubris (Mourning Gecko).

I was told that this species also has a parthenogenetic ssp similar to that of Heteronotia binoei (Bynoe's (Prickly) Gecko). Is this true?

I agree Dave, it helps differentiate Red Naped Snakes from juvenile Eastern Brown Snakes.

Their latest? A complete Guide to Reptiles of Australia? - I love that book, when I'm going through topics and people ask questions (similar to this topic) and I don't know, well I pull out my bible. lol

Mourning geckos are now well established on the mainland, we get them all over Cairns now. :(
They are smaller and more timid than H. frenatus though so will generally establish in gradens and such where there's heaps of hidy places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back