Gecko Pole Dancing - dial up warning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Our little spiny tailed geckos have this habit of sliding down the sticks of their enclosure as the day goes on. Here they are close to "sun down" doing a pole dance together.

cillarus_01.jpg

cillarus_02.jpg

After lights out the female is quick to move on.

cillarus_04.jpg

Hey, where ya goin??

gorgeous !!

are the native gecko's here very tame?

I lived in America previously and owned Leopard Gecko's ...

they were lovely to handle ... those guys couldnt climb stuff though!

-Katy-

I would expect that they could be handled a little bit but we never do. They are nothing like leopard geckos.

They are also quite small at only about 100mm long.

They are the cutest things to watch. This pair sit on my desk so I get a lot of time to look at them... and they at me. They are always up to something. Thre is something quite endearing about they way they walk with ease up the glass and across the roof of their enclosure. They are also accompolished hunter and can move very quickly when they want to.

They have the prettiest eyes ;-)

calamityy said:
gorgeous !!

are the native gecko's here very tame?

I lived in America previously and owned Leopard Gecko's ...

they were lovely to handle ... those guys couldnt climb stuff though!

-Katy-

re Gecko

Very interesting herp trader,they are ciliaris ?Yours are the little fredistaire pole dancers,are they good handlers :wink: are they front or back fanged trader :D

re Gecko

zulu said:
Very interesting herp trader,they are ciliaris ?Yours are the little fredistaire pole dancers,are they good handlers :wink: are they front or back fanged trader :D

No fangs. They would rather lick you to death ;-)

They are good handlers to the extent they quickly get used to you opening their enclosure for cleaning etc. They will just watch you or tense up in anticipation of food.

they sound cool. what do you feed em and how much? my brain craves info :D

also i noticed that you provide them with a black light and a halogen lamp to provide uv and heat. do they need the uv?

andrew

I feed them SFR's (Speckeled Feeder Roaches), not wider thant their little mouths. They get some every other day dusted with Herp-t-vite and Calcium powder. They have a tiny dish of water but I have only seen them drink by licking the drops off their faces. They get a light water misting every time they get fed.

They do require UV. These guys have a black light and a halogen with the glass removed. They seem to be doing pretty well in this enclosure.

Actually I did a web site on its constuction http://www.herpshop.com.au/CareSheets/GeckoEnclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back