Gecko rack help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
As I really want to expand my gecko collection with more species I've been really thinking about making a really nice gecko rack system with a heat cord routed at the back.

I'm thinking of keeping most of the Nephururs species (wheeleri, Levis, asper etc).

The melamine (shelving) is going to 1200x595mm is this good size?

What size tubs would I need to able to house pairs in?

I'm going to use a URS heat cord connected with an microclimate ministat 100, is this okay?

What temperature will I need to set the thermostat?, I was thinking 30 but not sure.

How do u route a heat cord in melamine?

Haha good luck with wheeleri, can't keep em in vic ;)
I don't myself have a rack, but i keep lone males in 10 litre and females and pairs in 30 litre tubs.
I would look for sistema tubs.

20-30 storemaids there is a thread that shows you how to make a quick cheap rack for around 100 or so dollars

I really depends on how big your geckos are my Levi's pair happily live in the own 10l tub but when the are housed together the are in a 20l tubs, I would use starmaid as they have a flatter base so easier to heat up and a URS heat cord are the go as they are one of the hotter heat cords out their, if you want some help with building yours dude just inbox me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back