Gecko Troubles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boof47

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I picked up a Marbled Velvet Gecko and an enclosure cheap at the VHS expo. Tonight I went to check on the little guy, feed, change water, etc; and nearly had a heart attack when I couldn't find him. Pulled everything out, sifted through the substrate, nothing. I moved the enclosure to the kitchen, and found him hiding behind the fake rock background. Guess it wasn't siliconed up very well.

What do you guys think? Wait for him to climb out, transfer him to an escape-proof tub and seal up the cracks? Or should I try to get him out ASAP?

Attachments

• Gecko troubles - Copy.jpg
    Gecko troubles - Copy.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 124
I'd leave him, if he can get in there he can get out. When he does come out for food remove him from the enclosure and seal it up properly. I wouldn't get worried until he's been in there for a week.

Yeah just leave him. You risk injuring him trying to get him out.
Did you get the marm from Haberfields?

I had a trio of northern velvet geckos, and no matter how many different hides I gave them, behind the background was their favorite place. They spent all day there.

I wouldn't worry about it, one of my pythons used to do the same thing when she was small enough to fit. She always came out at night to roam her enclosure though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back