Getting Started With Turtles In Victoria

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasont

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First off I's like to say thanks to everyone who has contributed great info in the many threads on this site. It has been a great help learning everything important.

I live in Victoria and am looking to buy two turtles. I need to purchase pretty much everything from scratch and wanted to know where the best places to buy tanks etc from. Can anyone recommend brands of Canister filters, UV lights and Heating globes that do a good job for turtles? I want to buy a tank size minimum of 4 ft by 18inch as suggested by many on this site. Is it required to have a heat mat underneath the tank if it will be kept indoors? What is best used to check water and air temperatures? Are the pet shops overpriced so I am best off buying from the net?

I am also having trouble finding turtle breeders from whom to buy the turtles from. I'm not a big fan of pet shops and would only buy from them as a last resort. Does anyone know of any turtle breeders around that have some turtles available for sale?

Thanks for your time guys, any information is greatly appreciated.

-Jasont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back